Family Dies From Poisonous Generator Fumes During sleep



His cousin, Chief Richard Asaje, said people had gone to check on him at home following the stench emanating from his house, adding that policemen from the Obajana division were also alerted to the suspicion.

He said when the door was forced open, the decomposing bodies were discovered.

Asaje explained that generator fumes were suspected as the cause of the deaths following the discovery of a generator on the premises.

He said, “The incident was discovered around 12am on Saturday. He put a generator inside his toilet and locked the door and window.

“Unfortunately, we never knew something had happened. The second day, we forced the door open because of the stench emanating from the house and found their dead bodies.”

The cousin said the bodies had been deposited in the Kogi State Specialist Hospital mortuary, Lokoja.

“The man should be about 35, but the wife was less than 30 years old. Their daughter was about four years old, while the second child, a boy, was about three months old. We do not suspect any foul play. This has thrown our family into serious mourning.

“They will be buried on Friday, August 4, 2017, at the Obajana Cemetery,” Asaje added.


Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *