6. If you have a gun, registered or not, use it but only if you’re sure you will do damage. This isn’t the time for warning shots! Killing an intruder on your premises in defence of yourself and property is a legitimate legal defence. Same goes for the use of any other weapon e.g. knives.
7. When the robbers manage to enter give them whatever they want. Don’t hide anything. Don’t try to be a hero or to negotiate with them.
8. Don’t look at them directly (or don’t let them see you doing so). If you know any of them don’t show any signs of recognition and don’t mention the person’s name. However memorise whatever features you can to help with identification and investigation.
9. When they finally leave your house do not chase after them..
10. Be your neighbour’s keeper and if you hear any breaks in at their house, call the police for assistance.
11. *When robbers enter your compound, do not put on any light in your room. Put on the outside lights but keep the inside lights totally off so that the robbers do not see you*.
12. Robbers can also use your tap, pumping machines or generating sets outside to attract you by either putting on or off as the case may be so that whenever you come to check, they will arrest you and use you to enter the house. So don’t always be quick to come when such appliances went on or off.
13. Another new method is for them to be quarrelling and arguing among themselves and you may think it is from your neighbour and ones your come out to check, you are used to gain assess to the house.
Someone may need this!. Pls spread the news to family and friends.